Peanut Butter Protein Bars
30-1 hour in the fridge
Grow by Peanut Buttercup (whey protein)
Grow and Bulk. Shred in moderation.
12.3 g (est)
18.9 g (est)
15.5 g (est)
1.6 g (est)
Protein bars are a great way to get increase your protein intake, especially if you’re bulking. Along with a mass gaining protein, you can supplement a whole food diet with everything you need to build muscle mass. Mixing it up with both protein bars and shakes means more variety, which is always helpful in a high calorie diet. But while premade protein bars tend to be much more expensive per gram of protein, making your own at home can be easy and less expensive! Of course, mass gaining isn’t the only purpose of protein bars. They can be a great snack for anyone training regularly to help repair muscle between session for lean muscle growth or weight loss, depending on your overall caloric intake.
- 5 pitted medjool dates (if not soft, soak in warm water)
- 1/2 cup Grow by Steve Peanut Butter Cup (10% off with coupon code: BAR10)
- 1 cup peanut butter (preferably 100% peanuts and salt)
- 1.5 cups ground oat flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
Topping (optional: 91.2 calories, 2 g protein, 4.7 g carbs, 6.5 g fat, 1 g fiber)
- 3/4 cups no added sugar dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Salt (preferably flakes or coarse ground) to taste
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. 9 x 9 inch is the idea size, but similar sized or larger dishes will work, just producing different bar thickness.
- Next, place the medjool dates, peanut butter, oat flour, honey, vanilla extract, and whey protein powder into a food processor or a good blender.
- Process or blend for several minutes (scrapping side as needed).
- Add water by the tablespoon and continue processing until texture resembles cookie dough and the medjool dates have been fully incorporated into the mix. Stop adding water once the batter can hold shape similarly to cookie dough but isn’t yet runny.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tray and set aside.
- Place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat until melted.
- Pour topping onto protein bars and smooth with a spatula until even. Then, sprinkle on salt flakes.
- Place the baking tray into a freezer for 1 hours to set (or half an hour without topping).
- Slice into 8 slices and store in the fridge for up to 7 days or the freezer for up to 3 months
- Enjoy your peanut butter protein bars, enhanced with Grow by Steve!
Other flavours of Grow by Steve that work great in this recipe: Vanilla Cupcake, Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge Cake
If you have followed these instructions, you now have a great high protein snack! Grow Snacks by Steve are designed to assist you in hitting your goals by making it easier and more fun to get your daily dose of grade-a whey protein powder. For more information of how to use Whey Protein to hit your goals, check out our ultimate guide on How to Achieve your Fitness Goals with Whey Protein.